Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th!!!

The only thing that beats a three day weekend is a four day weekend. My company gave us Friday off so Kelly and I went down to her Aunt and Uncle's place for a family weekend just between Red Wing and Lake City. It is great down their and I love getting a little R&R in on their front porch. The extra day off came at the perfect time to fit my training schedule as well. Lifetime is next Saturday and that means I like to take the Sunday prior off. Instead of doing a long run on Saturday and a Long bike on Sunday I switched it up a little bit. Instead I did a long bike on Friday and had a long run on Saturday. I love running through Lake City and Saturday was no different. I ran so much that my calves are still a little soar. Other than that I had what I believe to be my best training week of the season so far. It couldn't have come at a better time either. Lifetime is a huge race and I have pegged it as my peak race this year. Last year I over trained and went into it a little fatigued and soar. This year it looks like I will be able to go into it at 100%.
Saturday night Kelly and I came back so we could watch the fireworks at Lake Cornelia in Edina. They usually have an incredible display and they did not disappoint this year. We went to bed at 11:30 which was way past my bedtime but it was worth it. There is something special about the fourth. It seems to bring everyone out of their house and allow us all to be 10 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment