Thursday, October 8, 2009

Most Improved?

I seem to have been nominated for Most Improved Triathlete for the Midwest Multi Sports Awards. I am honored to be considered. I have worked extremely hard this last year and even had to overcome a nasty case of some sort of asthma. I guess I'm just glad someone besides my family has noticed my hard work. No doubt I have improved but Devon Palmer, Patrick Parish and Matt Payne are the other nominees.

Devon was fast last year but is out of his mind fast this year. I have little doubt he will be the Athlete of the Year. Patrick was the runner up for the rookie of the year last year and ran cross county at Duke. Although beyond probably the fastest runner Patrick has developed some serious swim and biking ability. Matt and I were very comparable last year. In fact there were a few races where only a couple of seconds separated us . Only this year he started the season with three wins to include one over me by nearly five minutes on a short course. Matt has gained ridiculous speed on the run and has continued to improve on the bike.

Fortunately the second half of my season was even better than the first. I don't know what happened but I almost out of nowhere found another level on my bike and shaved a good 10 seconds off my run split to include some improvements in the pool. I'm glad I'm not voting on this one. I definitely believe I am the outsider on this one but am humbled for even being considered. I'm as anxious as anyone to see how this one comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment