Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Training for Buffalo

Well Memorial day weekend is in the rear view mirror. As most do this one went by way to fast. Late last season my fiance moved in with her two cats. Unfortunately I soon found out that they give allergy induced asthma and made it tough to train in the winter months. Lately my breathing issue has been clearing up as we have been able to open the house up and get rid of the cat dander and I have been spending more time outdoors. Albert Lea it cleared up just in time for the race as we stayed in a cat free hotel room the night prior. I am still using the inhalers but feel close to 100% again.
Buffalo is in a little less than two weeks and I want to be close to peak by then. I have been getting in some fantastic training since Albert Lea and I am cutting time in every discipline. Buffalo was my first race last year and will be one of just a few races that I am repeating. Last year I had a great race at just under 2:06 but feel I can shave a lot of time from that this year. This week I was hoping to concentrate on the bike portion but unfortunately my schedule is not going to allow as much time on the road as I would like. Damn those early morning meetings where everyone eats donuts and drinks there $7 latte grandes. All meetings are good for is testing my will power against the hunger beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment