Thursday, June 17, 2010

Next Level?

This weekend will be another great test to see how much I've improved and how far I've come. The Minnetonka triathlon has been dominated by Brett Lovaas for a number of years. There is no doubt he has this course dialed in every time. Although Brett has not been putting up the numbers he used to and I am racing fantastic right now. This could be a good shot to move up to the next level.

I remember just a few years ago looking at results and seeing big names like Brett and Dan Cohen, amazed at how fast they were/are. Saturday I have my best shot so far at proving that I belong amongst these super studs. The question is will I be able to put out another great race? Because that is exactly what it will take. Not to put out excuses but Liberty Half took a lot out of me last weekend and I ended up pushing it too soon and tweaking my Achilles earlier in the week. I expect it should be good to race on by Saturday but will it keep me from performing at my best. The time off may even help. We'll have to wait and see.

Last year I was held up by some sloppy transitions and ended up getting legged out for second by Josh Blankenheim by 1 lousy second. This year Josh will be back and so will Brett. Josh really put on a great race a few weeks ago at Buffalo and seems to be improving as much as I am. I'm not going to make any overall predictions but I'm guessing it's going to be Josh, Brett and myself battling it out for the podium spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment