Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waconia Triathlon

Last year I place fifth here and if it wasn't for a chain slip on the bike I would have nabbed 4th. This year is going to be a bit different though. There are at least 13 serious Elites this year in one of the most stacked races I have ever seen. I am racing good right now but I'm coming off of a very heavy month with Buffalo Olympic, Liberty Half (still pissed about the penalty) and somehow managed to win at Minnetonka Sprint. While the legs feel good I have been battling an achilles injury and have not gotten in the volume of running I would like at this point. Still I have managed to turn in decent run splits.

This weekend I will need something special or lucky to happen for me to place better than 9th. On the start list is Devon P, Matt P, Patrick P, Alex H, Bian B, Kevin O, Dan C, Curt W, Brett L, Rhett B, Josh B and Brooks G that I can think of. I guess I am hoping to beat out at least one person that I have yet to beat out. I would be ecstatic to beat out Brian, Kevin, Dan, or Curt. All four are guys who I have looked up to and thought of as unbeatable since I started this sport in 2005. Not that I don't want to beat Matt, Patrick or Alex but the odds are they are the front runners and the four fore mentioned are hopefully not in peak form. We'll see what happens come Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment