Thursday, March 31, 2011

Not So Fast

Last night was my first outdoor distance sprint workout. All be it it was only a one mile sprint, 2 x 800s and 4 x 400. I was hoping to be able to go around 5:40 at a fast pace for the mile. Unfortunately I ran a 5:54 and nearly needed an ambulance when it was over. The good news is I'm not sore this morning and felt like my form was pretty on for the practice.

It was great to get outside though and I felt good overall. I remember last year we were blessed with an incredible March and April and I had been running and biking for almost a month at this same time last year. It will take me a couple of weeks to get my road legs under me.

I was hoping to go sub 36 min this weekend, happy with sub 37 and disappointed with a 38. I'm now thinking that a sub 38 may be more realistic and be satisfied with a 38-39. I started getting back into it about a month later than normal and it's showing more than I thought on the track. Most importantly is remembering two things. This is tune up race for Minnetonka Half and most of all to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment