Thursday, June 25, 2009

Injury

Well, the season is already starting to wear on me. Monday I decided against my better judgment to go for a nice relaxed recovery run on tired legs. As soon as I got to the end of my driveway I contemplated turning around but decided to push through it and get in an easy seven miler. At mile six I felt a pull or tear in the back of my knee to the inside. I already have a torn meniscus and partially torn ACL in that knee and have to do physical therapy every week to keep from making the injury worse. I don't think this has caused any major damage and it hasn't effected my training much this week. Luckily it was at the end of the run and I was able to get off it before it became a problem. There is no swelling and very little pain so far. It just seems to be a little tight in that region and doesn't seem to effect my running or biking. Waconia is this weekend and I will give it a rest tomorrow and a light go through on Saturday. Hopefully it will be fine by then. I did have a physical theropy appointment this week with Toni D at Minnesota Sports Theropy. Toni has been my Physical Therapist since I got back form Iraq and was properly diagnosed with my knee injury. Toni is an avid marathoner herself so she understands the dynamics of my condition. She also doesn't believe it to be a serious injury. Now I just have to watch it to make sure I don't turn it into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment