Thursday, August 20, 2009

Favored Again

Jerry has for the second week in a row picked me as the favorite for the Baxter Triathlon this weekend. I'm certainly glad to get a win out of the way so I hopefully won't be so nervous.. This weekend especially as Greg Rhodes will be there who is coming off of a great race at Brewhouse a few weeks ago and is going to give me a run for my money. Training is going great but I try not to run races back to back very often and don't know how my legs will react this weekend. The last time I did back to back weekends was with the Minnetonka Tri followed by Waconia the next weekend. I did well at both races but did feel a little sluggish at Waconia even though my times say otherwise and could well have been the brutal wind. The difference now is that I am in great Half Ironman shape and feel like my body is ready for the challenge. I've also tapered again this week so I don't find myself over training like I did for Lifetime. The wild card is if my friend and teammate Matt Payne shows up. If he does he will definitely be favored but is coming off a ridiculously tough Pigman Half Ironman last weekend. As usual I believe I need a little extra help to beat him and that may be enough to do it. However, it may not.

No comments:

Post a Comment