Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Training for Detroit Lakes

After the learning at Lifetime the Waseca triathlon was just what the doctor ordered for my confidence. I seem to have regained that extra gear was missing on the bike. Last night I went over to Jeremy Sartain's house for a custom bike fit. I have not had a good one yet for my new P3C. I have been fooling with the seat position to try to find more power. After Lifetime I knew where it wasn't supposed to be and moved the seat back. As suspected I actually had it dialed in about perfect. Jeremy just raised the seat a couple of millimeters and it was like a light went off and said there it is.
Besides the bike I seem to be improving at both the run and swim. Jeremy gave me some tips on better swim training and I have shaved about ten seconds off my 200 meter in the past month. That is a drastic improvement as it had taken me nearly a year to shave off the last five seconds.
This weekend is the Young Life Triathlon in Detroit Lakes. I'm hoping that this could be my first win but we'll have to wait and see. Every time I think this could be the one someone who is faster shows up and has a great day or I have a bad one. Unfortunately Kelly has plans to go out with her friends on Friday night and won't make the trip. She has been on her surgery rotation and pulling 80-90 hour weeks for the past month and a half. I don't force her to come to my tris and she needs some time to un wined. I will miss her cheering for me but my ever supportive mother will make the trip with me again. We'll see how the three hour car ride and sharing a hotel room will work this time. I think we both learned how to deal with each other better at Waseca and I am more mentally prepared for a long trip with her. The key is to keep relaxed which helps keep her relaxed. When I get frustrated if something goes wrong she tends to compound the issue with a thousand questions. I just hope it goes as good or better than Waseca.

No comments:

Post a Comment