Wednesday, August 17, 2011

St. Paul Tri

I did this tri in my very first season in 2005. At the time it was a PR of around 2:20. I was 12th I believe and was super stoked. A lot has happened since then and I have improved more than I could have ever imagined. I do remember liking this try but at that time it was put on by Sommer Sports and has since been bought out by Randy Fulton and Front Runner.

I'm guessing that I will be near the top of the field if not the favorite come Sunday. However there is a lot of talent out there and you never know who is going to show up. I've been humbled before and I'm sure it will happen a lot more. What I am hoping for is to put together a good race and use it as a tune up for Maple Grove. I do back to back races all the time but this is the first time I will go back to back with a Sunday to Saturday race. I'm hoping it works out.

Training is going well but I am starting to feel the fatigue of the season. My bike just doesn't seem to have the power it did a few weeks ago and the legs are starting to feel heavy. I decided to jump into Square Lake Half so I have slightly increased my training volume with a few longer rides and a big brick two weekends ago. I'm not worried about my endurance but hopefully the volume won't slow me down too much.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how well I can swim and if my run has come around yet. I ran well at Turtleman but didn't get to run the second half due to flatting out. I do think I will be able to put it all together though and with the previous results think a sub 1:55 is not out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment